Sunday 14 May 2017

Fashion Show @ Madman Anime Festival


The Madman Anime Festival Lolita Fashion Show

It's been a dream of mine for a while now to participate in a Lolita fashion show and the Madman Anime Festival presented a perfect opportunity to get involved in one. 

Working full-time I haven't had a lot of time to do much Lolita so when the organiser asked for a coordinate picture, my submission was a previous outfit I had worn. I was very excited when it came to the day and spent quite a lot of time on preparations which included going all out by putting on bottom lashes!

I only found the wig at the last minute as it was tucked away in a totally non-Lolita bag (most embarrassing behaviour). I was really happy with the way the outfit turned out. 




  
We all met up in the foyer and were led to a green room out the back of the theatre stage. It was a proper, proper dressing room with lights around the mirrors. I took a couple of dressing room pictures with all the frills inside the one room. 





 
The good lighting created perfect selfie conditions and this created a photographic frenzy from the shutter happy amongst us (including myself). 

Here are some of the outfits from the fashion show. I apologise if I didn't get around to taking a picture for those that didn't get one. 




Prince and Princess. The only pair coordinate in the fashion show and superbly done. The princess's head dress is actually made by the model with string of pearls that hang between the spires. Making sure the headdress was secure looked like a task but it surely paid off for the walk. 

   
I love the blend of old-school Lolita here with the head dress and rocking horses mixed with the relatively recent trend of adding boz jackets to frilly dresses. Usually reserved for the comparatively unfrilly gothic and lolita or aristocrat sub genres. 

 
The walk that these two frill-seekers did during the show was nothing short of adorable. I've always loved the Bodyline Cinderella Bunny print!

 
I actually love this coordinate. Particularly the dress which is from Taobao. The fabric was lovely too. 

 
Well, you can tell what I thought from this filter. #godess
I loved the all white coordinate balanced out with darker shoes and accessories. 



I really love this print and the umbrella made the whole coordinate look so elegant. 



This coordinate was a deliberate mix of genres. Spooky and cute. The horns were a great touch, I thought. I would like to implement some in a coordinate one day, myself. 


I really enjoyed dressing up, seeing everyone and their amazing coordinates and planning the fashion show. Unfortunately there were some hiccups with the organisation of the show that did put a dampener on things. We were forgotten in the dressing room and ended up starting an hour late. However, the show came off smoothly and we went into the festival afterwards to enjoy the show. 




There was a room filled with many stalls with DVDs, manga, merchandise and other things; a stage for interviews; movie room and a maid cafe. I was only interested in going to the maid cafe and checking out the Sailor Moon goods because it's usually quite expensive at these kinds of events. The line to the maid cafe was really long so I went straight to the stalls. There were cardboard cutouts of LoveLive characters and some posters of popular anime. I enjoyed posing in front of a Sailor Moon poster and taking selfies. I also got my picture taken in front of a cherry blossom background and got a print out for free! 

In the end, I didn't end up buying any merchandise or going to the cafe. The Sailor Moon DVDs didn't even tempt me. I was hoping for a box set with pretty cover art. Unfortunate but on the positive side, I didn't spend any money. 

I really enjoyed dressing up in lolita after a long while and enjoyed participating in the fashion show. I hope I can do it again next year. 


Beret, Necklace, Blouse, Kumya-Kumya, Socks: BTSSB
JSK: Krad Lanrete - Phantom of the Opera
Head bow: Innocent World
Ring: Q-pot
Shoes: off-brand 




6 comments:

  1. You've put a really great outfit for the fashion show, the colours (of the clothes and the wig) suit you so well. Shame that the organisation of the fashion show left a bit to be desired, but as long as you had fun I think it makes up for it. :)


    http://cupcakes-and-unicorns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It was a great day and another item off my lolita bucket list!
      Thank you for the compliment. The gold pattern on the dress really lends itself to that wig colour. I also cannot get away from berets and head bows.
      Thanks for looking.

      Delete
  2. I love that outfit on you, and good on you for taking part in a fashion show! It's such as fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It really was.
      I can't wait to participate in the next one!

      Delete
  3. I love the way the curls on that wig fall. Looks very delicate, and matches really nicely with your coordinate ^_^

    It's a shame about the organisation problems (it seems like this happens with so many lolita fashion shows!) but I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself anyway. It's nice to see such a wide range of styles represented!

    Well done for taking part! You look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, it was frustrating that it happened. Put a dampener on the event but it was fun anyway.
      I think representing different styles was the aim of the organiser. It was great.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...