Monday 11 January 2016

New Year - New Haircut and Lots of Coordinating

Hi all...

I went to the hairdressers this week and I decided to get a new haircut with the coming of the New Year. 



Some length was cut off and the bob is all one length rather than concave. A wispy fringe with a slight angle has been cut in so its cute but not going to be too hot in summer.

I'm really happy with how it looks. 


I spent a bit of time on the weekend making some coordinates with Mystic Chiffon OP from Alice and the Pirates and Kuma Kumya's Sweet Chocolate - high-waist JSK from Baby the Stars Shine Bright. 



I used the bow off my navy beret and wore some open-toe shoes from a formal wear brand called Coast. 


Then, I added a feather bolero in the same colour from the same brand. I really like the pairing of navy and this soft-grey colour. 

I also enjoyed trying a couple of coordinates with Kuma Kumya's Sweet Chocolate.


 

I'm really loving combinations of berets and other accessories such as barrettes and headbands at the moment. I paired my Baby the Stars Shine Bright beret with the waist bow from the JSK. I have also realised that cardigans go well with high-waist items. I'm wearing a very versatile cardigan from Metamorphose in the above outfit. 


I decided to do something a little different and pair Kumya Kuma's Sweet Chocolate with a Navy high collar chiffon blouse from Angelic Pretty and some blue tights from Alice and the Pirates. I loved being able to change the style of this piece using accessories and supporting pieces. I still think this coordinate needs work but I enjoyed doing some experimenting with this outfit. 

If you've been following me on Instagram you would have seen that I have been doing quite a lot of coordinating practice. 


 



I have realised how difficult it is to create a summer coordinate with my current wardrobe and hope to work on improving that after April. 

In the meantime, it's practice, practice, practice. 

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Your new haircut really suits you!
    I like how simple yet well thought out your coordinates are <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.
      I feel like this is where my style is. Simple to display the print yet working in colour blocks to coordinate. I'm really enjoying coordinating much more than I did when I began wearing Lolita fashion.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...